Re: [chrony-dev] Bug -- interaction between ntpdate and chronyd at bootup -- will never sync up

> Hm, I still can't reproduce it. I get the no majority and invalid tick
> error messages, but it always seems to recover after couple minutes at
> most.
>
> What I find odd in the sources output you posted is that only one
> of the servers seems to be reachable (377 in the reach column).
>
> Can you please post your config and if possible also the tracking,
> measurement and statistics logs (configured by the log and logdir
> directives in chrony.conf) when that happens?

Tarball attached.  Included is the test script and the pertinent syslog data.
I ran the script and then left it alone for a few hours.  Looks like
it took about 2 hours before it started to get straightened out.
It's now been 4 hours and my time offset is now down to 50 seconds.

My guess is that chronyd got very confused when ntpdate snuck in and
set the time underneath it.  That part is understandable.  It probably
thought that the clock suddenly drifted by a huge amount.
What would be good is if chronyd didn't go crazy when that happens.