Re: [chrony-dev] Slow bootup with git

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 09:07:08AM -0700, Bill Unruh wrote:
> Mind you the rtc should not take 8 sec to read (it will take a couple, so
> perhaps most of that time is chrony starting up), so it is not clear what is
> happening.

It collects 8 RTC samples to get an accurate offset for the initial
system clock adjustment. I.e. it waits for 1 + 8 RTC interrupts, the
first one is ignored to avoid a kernel bug, which might have been
fixed long time ago. I think decreasing that number to perhaps 2 or 3
should be fine, but I haven't tried it.