Re: [chrony-dev] [GIT] chrony/chrony.git branch, master, updated. 1.26-26-g9a01ccc

Hello,

Fuzzy logic here. I can do it, too.
---
Piotr

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 5:39 AM, Ed W <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 25/11/2011 10:12, Ed W wrote:
> As you have clearly started to push the boundaries of curve fitting
> here, have you considered switching to some kind of Kalman filtering
> technique?  Implemented correctly this can potentially simultaneously
> incorporate the updating of the estimate and tracking the estimated
> error.  I haven't thought about it enough, but it might also make it
> simpler to incorporate exotic ideas such as more active changes in
> measurement intervals in response to changing estimated error..?

Hmm, some googling shows that this is a fairly well discussed idea in
academic circles.  I found this article enlightening

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.163.7440

Sorry if this is an old and well discussed area...

Ed W

Trouble?  Email listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.