Re: [chrony-dev] Issue with version 1.25 and GPRS/GSM connections

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 13:06:33 +0200, Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 09:31:32AM +0200, Harald Krammer wrote:

>> > But you said it can happen after few hours, that would probably be a
>> > different problem. Is it possible that you only noticed it after few
>> > hours?
>> >

>> I don't think so. I monitor the time with the command
>> "chronyc tracking" in my application. So it happens that the time will
>> not be synchronized any more after hours or days. It seems for me
>> chrony remains in this unknown case. A reboot of chrony helps.
>> But I can not exclude an error in my application.
>>
>> The problem is is not reproducible for me, so I will create a network
>> simulation with a similar behaviour and hope to get more information's..

> Ok, please let us know if you can reproduce it without iburst or if it
> happens not during or immediately after iburst.

Yes, I will do that. End of next the results should be available.
I test the following constellations:
 - Chrony 1.25 with iburst
 - Chrony 1.25 without iburst
 - Chrony latest version from git with iburst

Thank you for your help!
Harald