Re: [chrony-dev] Issue with version 1.25 and GPRS/GSM connections

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 09:31:32AM +0200, Harald Krammer wrote:
> I made logs of measurements, tracking and statistic of the device.
> http://hkr.at/log.tar.bz2
>
> A new record after a reboot.
> http://hkr.at/log2.tar.bz2
> I think that could be interesting (High skew).
>
> My error event is not there. Unfortunately I have not really access
> to the device and that makes recording a bit difficult for me.

If you tried to restart it few more times I think you'd hit it
eventually. In the second statistics the skew after the third sample
is 18 and then it's followed by 8 dropped samples (failed test4) until
one with a short delay (340 ms) finally gets through.

> > But you said it can happen after few hours, that would probably be a
> > different problem. Is it possible that you only noticed it after few
> > hours?
> >

> I don't think so. I monitor the time with the command
> "chronyc tracking" in my application. So it happens that the time will
> not be synchronized any more after hours or days. It seems for me
> chrony remains in this unknown case. A reboot of chrony helps.
> But I can not exclude an error in my application.
>
> The problem is is not reproducible for me, so I will create a network
> simulation with a similar behaviour and hope to get more information's.

Ok, please let us know if you can reproduce it without iburst or if it
happens not during or immediately after iburst.

Thanks,