Re: [chrony-dev] [GIT] chrony/chrony.git branch, master, updated. 1.25-pre1-18-g20a4340

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 02:00:50AM -0700, Bill Unruh wrote:
> Just been looking at one of the latest chrony's and I do not
> understand the get_buf_index function. In theoriginal, min_distance
> is the minimum distance
> in the set of samples for this particular source. What is your
> min_distance? Why is this get_buf_index needed?

The samples are now kept in a circular buffer to avoid moving
samples when the last sample is discarded. The get_buf_index function
returns the index in the buffer for i-th sample. The min_distance
variable is still the minimum distance from all valid samples.