Re: [chrony-dev] Time for a release?

On 07/10/2010 16:17, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 02:30:46PM +0100, Ed W wrote:
  Do you think that we could see a release at some imminent point?

I do realise that there is a git repo, but for various reasons it's
easier to build packages from tarballs.  Seems like it's been a
while since the last big lump of progress so would be nice to get it
out to the distros?
I think in a few weeks we could make one.

My chrony todo list keeps growing, but I have now only two major
things I'd like to see in the next release:
- improve the code which adjusts the polling interval between
   minpoll and maxpoll, the current one seems to work quite badly
- add weighting to the runs test so chrony can survive longer
   intervals with heavily loaded network

BTW, is anyone here keeping up to date with git and testing?

How are we looking on a release these days? There are quite some interesting changes in GIT and it's much easier to evangelise about them if they are in a public release?

Cheers

Ed W