Re: [chrony-dev] Time for a release?

On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 02:30:46PM +0100, Ed W wrote:
>  Do you think that we could see a release at some imminent point?
>
> I do realise that there is a git repo, but for various reasons it's
> easier to build packages from tarballs.  Seems like it's been a
> while since the last big lump of progress so would be nice to get it
> out to the distros?

I think in a few weeks we could make one.

My chrony todo list keeps growing, but I have now only two major
things I'd like to see in the next release:
- improve the code which adjusts the polling interval between
  minpoll and maxpoll, the current one seems to work quite badly
- add weighting to the runs test so chrony can survive longer
  intervals with heavily loaded network

BTW, is anyone here keeping up to date with git and testing?