Re: [chrony-dev] Time for a release?

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:

On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 02:30:46PM +0100, Ed W wrote:
 Do you think that we could see a release at some imminent point?

I do realise that there is a git repo, but for various reasons it's
easier to build packages from tarballs.  Seems like it's been a
while since the last big lump of progress so would be nice to get it
out to the distros?

I think in a few weeks we could make one.

My chrony todo list keeps growing, but I have now only two major
things I'd like to see in the next release:
- improve the code which adjusts the polling interval between
 minpoll and maxpoll, the current one seems to work quite badly

In what sense "badly"? I looked at it for a while, but did not see how one of
the other choice would be better. What are you trying to maximize?

- add weighting to the runs test so chrony can survive longer
 intervals with heavily loaded network

BTW, is anyone here keeping up to date with git and testing?