Re: [chrony-dev] No usable clock interface foundy

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010, J. Bakshi wrote:

Hello list,

Can chrony also sync the RTC ? I have uncommented the following from
/etc/chrony/chrony.conf

It can keep track of how far the rtc is out from the real time, and how badly
it drifts, but many distros will reset the rtc on shutdown using hwclock,
which makes all chrony's efforts useless.

```````````````````````
rtcfile /var/lib/chrony/chrony.rtc
````````````````````````````

That just reports on how far the rtc is out.

and after restart chrony, If I check hwclock it reports

debian:~# hwclock --debug
hwclock from util-linux-ng 2.13.1.1
hwclock: Open of /dev/rtc failed, errno=16: Device or resource busy.
No usable clock interface found.
Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.

That is probably because chrony is using the rtc interface, or because chrony
is stuck. Make sure you are using the latest chrony release.

Any Clue ?
Thanks