Re: [chrony-dev] chrony on server with local time

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 01:50:53PM +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
> On Wednesday, 31 March 2010
>   with the system clock reading 12:47:12 (IST)
>
> chronyd started to apply an adjustment of 207.517 seconds to it,
>   which exceeded the reporting threshold of 0.500 seconds
>
> But after that almost 30 min. has gone and still no action from chrony. The server clock is still 5 min behind the correct IST time.
>
> I have no idea what is going on ? Could any one give me a focus please ?

Are there any chrony messages in syslog? Also output of "chronyc
tracking" command and tracking.log file might be useful.

On Linux it should take about 2400 seconds to correct 200 second
error. To correct it immediately you can make it step the clock via
makestep command in chronyc, or use initstepslew or makestep directive
in chrony.conf.