RE: [chrony-dev] makestep command sometimes makes chrony stop reading its sources

wrote:
>> I've applied the patch but when i executed makestep when the system
>> clock was one year in the past it made the offset twice as large (2
>> years in the past) and eventually chronyd freezed (100% cpu load)
>> after makestep was issued multiple times in a row.
>
>The freeze is probably worth investigating.

I've investigated it and it has actually nothing to do with makestep.
When I set the RTC clock 40 months back or forward in time, the chrony
daemon freezes as soon as it selects a reference clock. I think there is
an integer overflow somewhere.

--
Tjalling Hattink