Re: [chrony-dev] chronyc linear fit data point dump

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009, Håkan Johansson wrote:

Hi,

I could not find a command in chronyc to dump all the currently active data points used in the linear fit for a source. This list together with the residuals would be nice to see what chronyd is up to. For monitoring, I'm using (and quite happy with):

Not sure what you would want. Of course to some extent the offsets measured
and reported in measurement.log are used to determine that linear fit. But in
addition, those offsets are continually corrected for the changes in offset
and rate that chrony impliments, so the linear regression in on values which
can differ significantly from the measured offsets. What do you mean by "what
chrony is up to"? How would these values help you in any sense? Note that you have the source for chrony, and can always dump out anything you
want by altering the code appropriately.

watch -n 1 "./chronyc sources ; ./chronyc sourcestats ; ./chronyc tracking"

You can also look at /var/log/chrony/* where all of the various log files are
usually located ( measurements, tracking, rtc, )
These can tell you what the measured offsets are, how many points chrony is
using in its linear regression, etc.