Re: [chrony-dev] ready for 1.24-pre1?

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 10:02:15AM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> > Is there anything else that needs to be done?
>
> FHS compliance.

Is this about changing recommended driftfile configuration in the
documentation from /etc/chrony.drift to /var/lib/chrony/drift, or
something else?

Also, I was thinking about adding a paragraph to the comparison with
xntpd about fast initial synchronization and maybe performance in
general. I have to admin the first time I read about chrony I had the
impression it's mainly for dial-up systems or isolated systems and
it's not that good as NTP client.

BTW, I'm idling in #chrony on irc.freenode.net, in case anyone wants
to communicate in real-time.