Re: new receipt for joe

Proofread your receipt and commit to wok, thank for the package. Are
joing to maintain it (update, fix) ?
Yes, but i think its development has stopped. What can i do?

Can I ask you what kind of packages are you going to create? I know that there are other linux distributions (debian-redhat-arch) full of packages, but none of them runs fast like slitaz on my netbook, neither has such a simple method to build packages, so i'm interested in adding support for some apps I use, in the spare time.

Commit: http://hg.slitaz.org/wok/rev/7fd6a3651947
Cooked: http://people.slitaz.org/~pankso/cgi-bin/cooker.cgi?pkg=joe
wow :)

A few samll things I modified in your receipt:

   * Category editors dont exist (tazpkg list cat)
   * Glibc is not needed in depends since it is part of all slitaz
     system and glibc-dev in part of the base build environment.
   * Now in cooking we dont need common configure option such as
     --prefix=/usr, it is set by config.site (etc/slitaz/*.site)
   * When create dir witj mkdir -p it will create all parent dir,
     so one 'mkdir -p $fs/usr/share' is ok for /usr/bin
     and /usr/share/joe.

Ok, good to know it.

Finallly, a thing you can improve in package: add a desktop file and
icon. Actually if installed there is no entry in the menu. We do that
quiet often since not all packages provide Freedesktop integration. To
include thes files, create them and then put them in stuff/ ther will
be automaticaly include by the package builder: Ex

wok/joe/stuff/joe.desktop
wok/joe/stuff/joe.png

Ok, as soon as i have time i'll make them.

Daniele