Re: [Sawfish] how to define this key-binds

On Friday 13 July 2012 15:29:17 vinurs wrote:

> Hi,

> I change my wm to sawfish now, and I bind C-menu to pop-up root menu,

> now, i need the following settings:

> 1. press C-n、C-p can select menu down and up, just like the up

> and down arrow keys!

> 2. when one menu has a next menu, then press C-f can enter the

> next menu, just like the right arrow, and the same, C-b back to the

> previous menu, just like the left arrow!

> 3. press C-q can quit the menu, just like the <ESC>

> How to do this settings? sorry for my poor English, thanks a lot!

If you mean you want to navigate using C-n instead of ↓ ...

This is a real GtkWidget, so you can't just change the key-bindings, just as Sawfish can't change the key-bindings for eg. Firefox. But there's a trick.

window-matcher keymap-trans.

Example:

( add-window-matcher '(( WM_CLASS . "THE_WINDOWS_WM_CLASS" ))

'(( keymap-trans . (( "C-n" "Down")))))

That means: you press C-n, but the window receives Down. With that you can basically "adjust" any windows' key-bindings to your likes.

Regards,

Chris