Re: [Sawfish] 2 new blue styles for StyleTab

> I have check why restart with StyleTab is ~ 5 - 8 times slower as load
> StyleTab in sawfish, but i have no idea. I think it has something to do
> with session restore/load in sawfish. You can check it. Load a other
> theme -> restart sawfish, now load StyleTab and check load time (it
> takes here 2 - 4 secons) now restart sawfish with loaded StyleTab an
> check time to restart (it can takes here 15 secons). Fix for this is
> not on my todo list (i don't know what happens in sawfish by restart),
> it think it's not a problem with the theme/theme.jl file.
>
> I have add hash tables in StyleTab. Now all images (base and recolor)
> save in "styletab-frame-cache". If you think it is faster to load
> StyleTab if we save and restore "styletab-frame-cache" (when/and it is
> possible) show me the code to save and restore a hash table and i will
> try to add in StyleTab. This is also not on my todo list.

There is now a "before-restart-hook", that should allow doing some operations.
Still tables & stuff shouldn't exist after restart (new env), so the table
would need to be saved in a different way.

> Spinbuttons in StyleTab should replace with a (working) combo box, not
> on my to do list.

I'll check into this.

> I have update images (add links and compress images). Download here:
> https://sites.google.com/site/flohtransporter/files/Default-29.09.11.tar.bz2
>
> Changelog:
> Add hash tables for images.
> Fix resize bug for buttons.
> Fix recolor bug by resize.
> Split "create-frames" in "make-buttons" and "make-frame".
> Add maximized to call-after-state-changed.

Thanks for your efforts (again).

StyleTab is the best theme outwhere.

One thing that came up in my mind: some themes dont thave the titlebar over
the full length of the window. (eg.: absolute-e), they only use the really
required space. Maybe you might add this as an option? It's just some thing
that StyleTab lacks compared to other styles (and might increase adoption).

Chris

> On my todo list is: redraw the remove styles for readd.

---