RE: [Sawfish] Sawfish usage poll

I don't use any of the four features mentioned in the questionnaire.

The features of sawfish that I value the most, and that are not found in other WMs (or not at all easily) are

* The ability to set specific WM treatment of individual programs or classes of program. E.g. I like an analog clock and run xclock; with Sawfish I can prevent xclock from being decorated with title bar and so on, which looks stupid and ugly.

* The ability to make particular programs start on specified virtual desktops. You can do this (sort of) with metacity plus devilspie, but it's much clunkier than sawfish.

* The ability to define root-window popups with ease: I like having middle-mouse bring up a task list.

* And I've probably forgotten a few other nice things that I take for granted with sawfish, and whose absence makes me curse when I'm forced to use another WM.

Allin Cottrell
lurker

---