[qet] Re: QElectroTech

Le dimanche 13 juin 2010 10:23:26 Peter Handrick, vous avez écrit :
> Hello Xavier,
Hello Peter,

> today I did detect your program and. of course, I am quite impressed.
> Perhaps I am able to help your project with writing of documentation.
> Sorry, I am not able to write and read in french, dur to I will have to
> test the function of QElectroTech first.
> But I am absolutely convinced this program is much more than only
> helpful for any technician all around in the world.
Indeed, the project is currently under-documented. We have:
  * our wiki ( http://qelectrotech.org/wiki ) which contains many
informations, but only a little part concerns our final users. Also, the
translations are very unequal depending of the target language.
  * a QuickStart Guide written in French, (considered unfinished if I
remember correctly), available in our Subversion repository.

We lack a complete user manual, whatever its language. Would you like to
write such a manual?

> How ist it possible to build up new stencils?
I am not sure to understand your question: could you explain what you would
like to do?

> To publish this kind of knowledge will help to find a lot of further
> community members who are willing to assist QElectroTech.
>
> Perhaps you arranged already the possibilities for and I did not realize
> this due to my knowledge in languages is limited with german and
> english.
Actually, we have a few problems regarding internationalization:
  * the main language of the project is the native language of the core
team, i.e. French. This leads to a less accessible (not full English) but
better code (strings are always well-written, comments have full potential
to explain things).
  * I personally translate the application to English, but I don't have any
time to translate the wiki.
  * We found a German translator only recently, so only the next version of
QElectroTech will be available in German.