[qet] Re: QElectroTech

Hello Xavier,
thank you for your strict reply to my first mail.
I will give my answer in straight dependency to your mail.
I hope this is convenient to you.

> Indeed, the project is currently under-documented. We have:
>   * our wiki ( http://qelectrotech.org/wiki ) which contains many
> informations, but only a little part concerns our final users. Also, the
> translations are very unequal depending of the target language.
>   * a QuickStart Guide written in French, (considered unfinished if I
> remember correctly), available in our Subversion repository.
>
> We lack a complete user manual, whatever its language. Would you like to
> write such a manual?
Yes, I would like to do. As far as you agree!! For sure I have seen now,
another german colleague is bind in translation already.
Hopefully we do not do the same job parallel. It is much better to
combine our ressources.
Of course I will start to write a user-manual.  I will use your program
in near future for training purposes due to I have to add a user manual
to anyway. The only problem for the community, perhaps, could be the
fact I am most of the year living on a container-vessel without
Internet-access.
Because I am working there as an electrician / trainer for electrician I
am quite often away of home for 5 months and more.

> > How ist it possible to build up new stencils?
> I am not sure to understand your question: could you explain what you would
> like to do?
The structure of the program is quite clear, but sometimes the user will
have the need to build up new symbols he (or she) will have to use
within new diagrams.
In case of the user needs to know which way he (or she) have to go to
create this new symbols.
As more easy this seems to be as more acceptance the project will get by
the community.
Perhaps the possibilty is given to mark symbols as main reference and
other ones as belonging to this specific main reference.
This for sure could give furthermore the ability to create reference
lists as like as contact-trees which shows at which places the contacts
of a specific relay are to find within the diagram.

In case of this do exist already, the user have to know the way to use
this specific function since he (or she) creates the symbols.

I hope this explaination is not much to complicated. ;=)

> > To publish this kind of knowledge will help to find a lot of further
> > community members who are willing to assist QElectroTech.
The user should have the chance to send his (or her) own made symbols to
you, were this symbols (as well mentioned as stencils) could be placed
within a repository to get published.

> Actually, we have a few problems regarding internationalization:
>   * the main language of the project is the native language of the core
> team, i.e. French. This leads to a less accessible (not full English) but
> better code (strings are always well-written, comments have full potential
> to explain things).
>   * I personally translate the application to English, but I don't have any
> time to translate the wiki.
Perhaps you can let me have your english version of the docs. I would
like to with this as a guideline.
>   * We found a German translator only recently, so only the next version of
> QElectroTech will be available in German.
Perfect. Of course I will have the need for the docs in three languages:
English, German and Polish.
English and German is not really a problem for me although it will take
time to produce the docs. Due to I would really appreciate tolern to
know which part of the docs i can add to the ones you already do have.

> > Nethermind, I would appreciate to hear from you.
> Please respond to the mailing list, or at least include it in your answer..
>
> > With best regards
> >
> > Peter
> Regards,
With best regards