|Re: [eigen] Eigen 3.1.1 and LGPL components|
[ Thread Index |
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Eigen 3.1.1 and LGPL components
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 17:39:50 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=jrsCIUJ1DXnAHaugyAes7INvbcml3nXiJ4EPM9nqPA0=; b=rPIRvACVYUYUEfL7umEt6j10WI60KwHsQc0dg9v/iCNA634n67NUFHmR1jlLlii/2d 1/jZiWCejRd7sP/ycsbmjsm9rXFVdcXDj8wjTZRI8J0kvafRCSg///R3YX2NxUpelkIy I26q2665RjrgHiC11JpA6sK3JG8WJ/2bXfSgR3TgQR5HUbhqCjgXQF9BEE2aAkAY2xDs jtvgftqGpTjtzeRS0R9jhON12k2Q086ljAeqCBWXR9VKJITTIM/m+zpfywcKLZwTxQ44 lQn8w1q7EZcGyaHwK2PYJiRVi2vKB4r3ibU/paeEZOGXE2Sl5Q1BZ+mvS+mWx9dGI0ry Elpw==
Gael, do you confirm that the LGPL 3rdparty code used by the Sparse
solvers is LGPL2.1, not LGPL3?
2012/8/28 Clifford Yapp <cliffyapp@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Thanks for the heads up.
>> Any remaining LGPL code in the Eigen tree is third-party code whose
>> licensing is not decided by us.
>> So the presence of the LGPL3 text only in the top-level directory is
>> only a remnant from the pre-MPL2 days, as you guessed.
>> This will be corrected shortly by adding a copy of the LGPL 2.1.
> Excellent - thank you! Eigen's sparse matrix and sparse solver
> functionality looks to be quite useful for the problem I'm working on
> at the moment, so that's great news!