[eigen] choosing a mascot?

Hi List,

Can we put a "deadline" for mascots on Sunday (tomorrow)? That is, on monday
we see what we have and we vote (of course this is a banana republic and I'll
send to the gulag anybody voting wrong).

Ronnie doesn't need to send anything more since his engineer owl is very
strong by itself.

David, could you send an "ultimate" sketch mixing your various sketches as
discussed (and better, as you feel is right)? Right now there is none of your
sketches that I would choose as-is, but still you are spot on the kind of
owls that I was looking for. Just your first owl + "hanging hat" + younger
aspect, that would be great.

To all: I want to use your owls at various places of the wiki so it's always
worth keeping them coming and/or transforming sketches into finalized
artwork. Pierre and Cyrille, your images are already perfect as-is.

About licensing: I need to be able to distribute your artwork under a free
license. In the eventuality where distros would package our documentation and
that documentation would include your owls, it is very important that your
owls are licensed under terms that allow distros to distribute them. I
believe this excludes any "Non-commercial" clause. Also, I don't like very
much the idea of a "No-derivatives" clause (and that might also be a no-go
for distros, I don't know). So a good choice would be CC-BY-SA (Creative
commons, authorship attribution, share-alike). But I'm no expert by any
means. If you show me that a licensing option is acceptable by distros, then
it's fine for me.