Re: [vhffs] Install vhffs on debian 5.0 - no mydns-pgsql package available

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 07:36:21PM +0100, Yann D'ISANTO wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I want to install vhffs so I followed the installation guide (
> http://vhffs.org/wiki/doc:installationguide ) but I get a problem.
> It says to install the package "mydns-pgsql" but this package is not present
> (I am using debian 5.0).
>
> Is this package really needed or can I install vhffs without it ?

You can install VHFFS without it.

> Can I use the mydns-pgsql package for the old-stable ?

Probably, mydns as few deps, it would works ;-)  Don't forget to add
security updates from oldstable in your sources.list, just in case ;)

Rebuilding the package must be easy too, but you will need to follow
security events.

By the way, we plan to use mydns-ng on TuxFamily, we were not that
convinced by existing alternatives like powerdns (although we are using
it elsewhere).

Sylvain