Re: [vhffs] autotools on #542

Le Fri, 06 Apr 2007 18:56:39 +0200,
Alexandre Ghisoli <alexandre.ghisoli@xxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> New version of the patch, here is the ChangeLog :
>
> . apply on svn #542
>
> . added tests. To use them, do :
>   make check
>
> . better handle of --with-api-dir
>   use : --with-api-dir=/usr/share/vhffs/api
>   and you will get files in /usr/share/vhffs/api/Vhffs
>   and use lib '/usr/share/vhffs/api';
>
> . corrected typos on VHFFS_LIB_DIR in multiple place
>
> . Added --with-min-uid and --with-min-gid
>
> . typo on vhffs-test-dependencies corrected
>
> . NEWS is not blank anymore, let diff create this file
>
> You can download if from :
> http://www.ghisoli.ch/run/node/38
>
> Regards
>
> --Alexandre

Some other remarks :
 - Missing check for Config::General perl module
 - Regarding templates, there are some problems:
     o AC_ARG_WITH is missconfigured (it uses --with-web-path arg,
		configure.ac:75)
     o it sets templatedir configuration option in vhffs.conf to
	@TEMPLATEDIR@ *but* put templates in @TEMPLATEDIR@/templates
	which breaks panel since it expects templates to be at the root
	of templatedir... maybe we sould use the same kind of trick as
	the one we used for API, append templates to the @TEMPLATEDIR@
	variable for substitution in config file (since I don't think
	that putting every templates at the root of TEMPLATEDIR is a
	good option, particularly if TEMPLATEDIR points on webdir...
 - /etc/vhffs/vhffs.conf is overriden even if it exists... We *must*
	preserve it (ask user if he wants to override it, show a diff,
	backup old one with .bak[number])...

I think these are the last things that prevent your patch to be
integrated to the svn...

Regards
Sebastien