Re: [vhffs-dev] [Translation] to german

Hi Andreas,

On Sun, Jun 05, 2011 at 09:46:05AM +0200, Andreas Otten wrote:
> Am 04.06.2011 00:46, schrieb Sylvain Rochet:
> >
> > By the way, VHFFS is for system administrators target audience, who must
> > at least understand written English (or then they won't do much in their
> > career).
>
> To make the VHFFS more famous, i think it is good to have some
> translations. But you are right, english is a must.

Yup, this is another goal, the administrators documentation is the last
stuff to translate. VHFFS users are more important in two ways: first
they don't necessarily read English, next they are about 1000 times more
than administrators.

> > BUT ! (Yes, there is always a but), while I consider that VHFFS
> > documentation itself doesn't need to be translated due to the fact said
> > before, the user documentation of VHFFS absolutely needs to be
> > translated and this is, in my opinion, much more useful.
> >
> > Currently, the VHFFS user documentation is written in the TuxFamily FAQ,
> > and the German part[1] is almost fully untranslated ;-)
>
> I will take a look there, too.
>
> Where can i get/regsiter a account here: http://faq.tuxfamily.org ?

Sorry for the very late answer, account on the TuxFamily FAQ are the
TuxFamily accounts, so you have to subscribe to TuxFamily in order to be
able to change the Wiki. Follow the process[1], tell us when your
account is created and we will add you in the VHFFS project.

> > The VHFFS .po file concerning the de_DE locale is almost fully
> > untranslated too. (vhffs-intl/de_DE.po in the VHFFS sources).
> >
> > [1] http://faq.tuxfamily.org/Welcome/De
>
> Also in the launchpad?
> I use  launchpad for translate the VHFFS.

I tried to update the .pot file in Launchpad but I failed, maybe only
Bruno can do that.

Sylvain

[1] http://tuxfamily.org/en/subscribe