Re: [uruk] uruk gnu/linux-2.0- beta-2

Thanks for your continuing good with with this distro. I installed it onto an Asus netbook, having 1 GB RAM and one of those Atom dual-core processors. My first installation attempt stalled at about the 12% mark in the second part, after the disc got formatted and software copied. For this one, I let the installation script do the default actions, as you'd set them. That is, full encryption and lvm. After about 30 minutes with no action, I aborted the installation and rebooted the live medium. On this attempt, I chose the simplest installation. That is, the entire system in one partition, and a swap part. This install did complete, all be it very slowly, and the delay seemed to be at about the same point. This time, it took about 20 minutes to move past the bottleneck, then proceeded quickly. On the new system, I was able to log in with a talking greeter and speech on the system, once logged in. The welcome screen came up, and seems to be easily navigable with orca. I didn't yet check every link. Because you pointed it out in the email to which this is a reply, I launched your new control center. I think orca is meant to speak the items as I press tab? The only object to speak seems to be the 'search' box. Tabbing seems to cycle through the links, though. More checking as I run this, putting it through its paces.

Best Regards,

Dave  H.