From: Maxime Perrotin [mailto:maxime.perrotin@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 10:32 AM
To: Dumke, Michael; George Mamais; taste-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [taste-users] ASN.1 encoding

Hi Michael,

I think I understand the problem. Look at the encoding layout of your message:

ACN encoding

When using PER the boolean value is not encoded on one BYTE but on one BIT. This is probably the reason by the decoding does not appear as you expect.

If you want to encode the boolean with one byte and the value you want, you need to specify it in your ACN model:

 MEAS[] {
	att [],
	rate [],
	simctrl [] {
		simstart [true-value '00000001'B],
		parm [encoding IEEE754-1985-64, endianness little]
	}
}

I think this should solve your issue.

Regarding the GCC options, it is possible that you set compiler or linker flags per function, in the Interface view.
If you double-click on a function, and go to the "Functional States" or "Context Parameters" tab (depending on your version) you can add flags:

compiler options

This is particularly useful when using simulink models.

Regarding the sizeof of the struct, you don't have to do anything. GCC is adding padding bytes so that data are aligned on 32 or 64 bits (allowing faster access at runtime).
Look here for more explanations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_structure_alignment

I hope that helps and solves your issue.

Best regards,
Maxime

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.