[taste-users] TASTE update

Dear TASTE community,

In the past months the development team has been working hard on providing a new cutting-edge feature in TASTE.

As you probably know one of TASTE main strenghts come from the ASN.1-related tools and technology we developed. Our ASN.1 compiler and related data modelling technologies are unique on the market - and this, indepdendently from TASTE:

- Free and open source tool, with professional quality
- Supports generation of SPARK/Ada code
- Generation of optimized C code, that does not depend on closed proprietary libraries, does no malloc, etc.
- Generation of HTML documentation of the selected encodings
- Generation of test cases "qualifying" the generated code
- Generation of test cases for code coverage
- Support for ACN for legacy encodings
- Support for other languages and tools: Python bindings, Matlab, VHDL, SDL, SCADE...

In the latest TASTE release, we augmented the list with a complete SQL backend for ASN.1.
The ASN.1 models that we already use as a reference ensuring data consistency over all system functions (at code level and documentation) can be now be used to create SQL tables, and using the amazing SQLAlchemy library in Python, Thanassis created an API that allows for storing and retrieving data from/to ASN.1 variables transparently, directly.

This is a major feature - in big projects, you can now delegate all data storage and retrieval tasks (logging, post-processing of scientific data, etc) to a real, full feature database, without having to take care about consistency, conversions of formats, verification of integrity, concurrent access, etc.

All databases that SQLAlchemy supports work with our approach (PostgreSQL, SQLite, MySQL, Oracle, etc).

Check this page for details and examples of use.

Please update TASTE to access this new feature in your VM. And don't hesitate to comment...

Best regards,
Maxime
TASTE project manager

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.