Re: [taste-users] Ocarina/POK Questions (Partitions and Sockets)?

This message was posted to both mailing lists.
Len

On 3/7/12 12:25 AM, "julien.delange@xxxxxxx" <julien.delange@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Leonard,

These questions are more related to POK. Please post to the appropriate list (such as pok or pok-devel).

Best regards,

From:"Reder, Leonard J (3496)" <Leonard.J.Reder@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:"pok-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pok-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "taste-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <taste-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:"Watney, Garth J (3496)" <garth.j.watney@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Evensen, Kenneth (5125)" <Kenneth.Evensen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Clark, Ken C (3496)" <kenneth.c.clark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:07/03/2012 08:44
Subject:[taste-users] Ocarina/POK Questions (Partitions and Sockets)?
Sent by:Listengine <listengine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello,

I have a couple quick questions about ocarina and POK.   I am using ocarina to generate pok_c (C code) for POK.  I have a multipartition aadl model where I am binding a process to a virtual processor.   We want to know if it is possible to bind two processes to a single virtual processor and generate POK code using Ocarina..   We are attempting to demonstrate that we can relocate a process component from one partition to another.

The other question is regarding using socket connections to communicate with a POK running in qemu emulated x86.   Does POK support the socket interface?   Does ocarina generate C code for this when using AADL device component representations.   I think there is an example in the POK distribution but just wanted to ask about this.   We desire to send and receive data from a demonstration application running on POK in qemu using sockets.

Regards and thanks for all replies,

Len
Leonard J. Reder
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Flight Software Applications
Email: reder@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone (Voice): 818-354-3639

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.