Re: [SliTaz] VDI?

Odd issue that I cannot validate on forums. I built one iso and saw ways to improve upon testing. No gui yet on geode hardware. X -config failed. Rebooted and tried vesa driver over geode and saw slim start up but logins of tux and root did not take.

2nd iso. Built fine.... well despite one syslinux error but it tested okay. It booted but... When building ISO I added a few more packages like acpid since button presses resulted in 7 lines worth of error. I see in init that acpi is associating better but upon getting a prompt I can not log in. Last few lines of init I saw was something about not being able to load password database. Gave VM 8gb ram and 28gb of storage and 2 cpu cores. I’m starting to think building in VM not optimal. Tried to install virtualbox guest additions but they failed to insert as module. Have a feeling I will need to start over on 4.0 but hoping a quick fix is available??

At this point I’ll start on 5.0 knowing I need to copy in older syslinux.....

Hey when I made last Iso in virtualbox there was an isolinux error about not being able to see the true path of /media/usbflash/ ... wondering if that may have led me in to not being able to log in or shadowdb not loading somehow?

Only thing I changed was that I made custom flavor away from “core” and called it “WebDT”...  don’t remember unpacking it either....  I think I have some things to try but I will wait for proper suggestion. Alas onward to 5.0. This is fun!

Sent from my iPad