Re: [SliTaz] VDI?

Le jeudi 30 avril 2020 à 09:05 -0400, Daryl Kuchay a écrit :
> Thank you!
Your welcome :)

> Also was able to get v4 into VM last night.
>
> Within V4, I see grub-0.9x in packages and I may be able to use that.
> Just font know if Slitaz is meant to start from grub only when
> installed in non frugal mode? I want to transfer the usb stick
> contents to the internal 500mb hdd and setup boot there.

No. You can use rootfs.gz as an initrd fs (
http://doc.slitaz.org/fr:handbook:liveusb?s[]=grub)

# /boot/grub/menu.lst: GRUB boot loader configuration.
#

# Change the colors.
color yellow/brown light-green/black

# For booting SliTaz from a cdrom or USB media (LiveRAM).
#
title 	SliTaz GNU/Linux (Cooking) (Kernel 2.6.22.9)
kernel 	/boot/bzImage root=/dev/null vga=771 home=usb
initrd 	/boot/rootfs.gz

> I can usb these files in if needed. Ill try to gen-distro on both
> platforms once I get my packages into vm and get my lists organized.
> Thank you for the tip!

I would prefer using tazusb with writefs option. And replace the old
rootfs.gz files by the new one.

writefs		$(_ 'Write the current filesystem to rootfs.gz.
Supported compression: lzma, gzip, none.')

You can even modify syslinux.cfg to boot on both old and new rootfs.

Regards,

+Erjo