Gesendet: Freitag, 31. Januar 2020 um 13:57 Uhr
Von: "Rodrigo Tenorio" <rodrigo.boechat.tenorio@xxxxxxxxx>
An: slitaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [SliTaz] Slitaz on Pentium-I-MMX !?!
You can try this
https://github.com/yeokm1/gentoo-on-486

If you have success, I assume that is possible build Slitaz and its entire repository.

Rodrigo Boëchat

Em seg., 27 de jan. de 2020 às 16:08, Harsha Godavari <h.godavari@xxxxxxx> escreveu:
Please note that a i486 computer(motherboard) limits the capabilities of the CPU.Those computers could not recognise a harddisk larger then 500MB. A driver has to be loaded at boot time  for it to recognise a CDRom drive.They could not boot from a CD (need something like Smart Boot Manager). The computers did not have USB ports (unknown at the time). The CPU lacked PAE. RAM was also a limitation. I am not sure if there were any MoBos capable of carrying more than 32 MB.

However the original request was about a Pentium which overcomes some of the above limitations.