Re: [SliTaz] Slitaz on Pentium-I-MMX !?!

Il lun 27 gen 2020, 17:06 Rodrigo Tenorio <rodrigo.boechat.tenorio@xxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
I saw thing like this a time ago when projects ended [45]86 processors support. Maybe is the case.

In my limited knowledge on subject, solution is recompile slitaz kernel on your machine.
In any case, I don't know how to do it. Or if Slitaz has support for Pentium or it's equivalents, like K5-6's.
Developers should have some instructions.

Gentoo's wiki should give you directions, 'cause it supports i486.

In my opinion a complete rebuild of the system would be requird. My suggestion is to use a decent modern machine to build a cross-compiler that targets i486 and use that to build Slitaz; that way you could benefit from the better performance of a modern machine.

Sorry but I can't help beyond this.
Rodrigo Boëchat