Re: [SliTaz] Alternate Desktop Environments?

Hi Mike,

> I'd like to know if I can use a desktop other than LXDE in Slitaz 5.0? I'm
> not really a huge fan of LXDE. I'd like to use XFCE4 as I like the Whisker
> Menu. Or even Enlightenment.

Currently SliTaz looks like more less developed than before.
Some aspects may work or don't work anymore.

You can install "lxde" meta-package that will install the selected
LXDE packages for you.
I can not guarantee that it will work out of the box.
Try to press "F1" key in the SLiM login manager to select "LXDE" session.
But I can't guarantee also that it will work.

We haven't whisker menu package, so sorry about that.

For the Enlightenment (precisely, E17 or just v. 0.17.6) you can
install the "enlightenment" package.
You may ask me why it is so old while current Enlightenment is v. 0.22.
Just it is out of interests.
Try to press "F1" in the SLiM in the same way and look for it's messages...

Anyway,
Have a nice day!