Re: [SliTaz] Tazpkg-910 misinterprets some package names when reinstalling, updating, or removing

Hi Richard,

1) These are interesting questions. For beginning, here is "hello from the
past", console log from my (random) SliTaz-4.0 installation:

Check tazpkg version:

    > tazpkg
    SliTaz package manager - Version: 4.9.2
    . . .

Check packages "lzma" and "xz" installed:

    > tazpkg -l | grep lzma
    lzma                    4.57              base-system
    > tazpkg -l | grep xz

Install "xz":

    > tazpkg -gi xz
    . . .
    xz (5.0.3) is installed.

Remove "lzma":

    > tazpkg -r lzma

    The following packages depend on lzma:
      tazlito
      tazusb
    The following packages have been modified by lzma:
      busybox
    Remove lzma (4.57) ?
    Please confirm uninstallation (y/N) : y

    Removing: lzma
    Removing all files installed...                                      [ OK ]
    Removing package receipt...                                          [ OK ]
    Remove packages depending on lzma (y/N) ?
    Reinstall packages modified by lzma (y/N) ?

Look at equivalence rules:

    > grep xz /var/lib/tazpkg/packages.equiv
    lzma=xz

Summarizing.
In the SliTaz-4.0 you had a availability to install and remove packages.

**But is it right enough?**

2) I think you know variable $PROVIDE is for (if not, please read Cookbook page
http://doc.slitaz.org/en:cookbook:receipt ). There, in the Cookbook is example
with
    PROVIDE="lighttpd"
in the "apache" receipt. It means: if you already installed "apache", you should
not install "lighttpd", even if any package required it. Return to our "lzma vs.
xz battle" :) Receipt of "xz" package ( http://pkgs.slitaz.org/?receipt=xz )
contains rule
    PROVIDE="lzma"
And it means: if you already installed "xz", you should not install "lzma", even
if any package required it.

3) Whether correctly following my conclusions? --
ONLY ONE PACKAGE MUST BE INSTALLED AT THE TIME.

"apache" OR "lighttpd"
"lzma" OR "xz"
Right?

4) How should tazpkg respond to situation when one of the packages is already
installed, and user should install other package?
Package "lzma" is installed, you want to install "xz".

a) Should tazpkg reject "xz" installation because "lzma" is already installed?
b) Or should tazpkg swap the packages: silently remove installed "lzma", and
   then install requested "xz"?

Personally I like the "b" option.

5) Let us solve this question with installation, and let see if other questions
(with update, reinstall, remove) will be automagically solved.

All the best!