[SliTaz] udev alternatives

Recently I pushed the library eudev in the hopes that it could serve as a drop-in replacement to udev for the users. However, a recent change to the udev files (removal of PROVIDES) negated that idea.
While it seems to me that udev works great on SliTaz, the option to opt for an alternative, such as eudev maintained by the Gentoo developers, seems rather important.
In this thread, I wish to discuss and receive critique on why having both udev with PROVIDES and eudev with PROVIDES could be a good idea, or a bad idea.
The way it seems to work currently is that the addition of PROVIDES to udev poses no real change to the ecosystem of SliTaz. Existing users can continue to operate their systems with no worry of change or breakage, while users whishing to use a different udev system (eudev), can change the system to use eudev, with packages depending on "udev" simply relying on eudev to provide the exact same functionality (which it does, to my knowledge).

Is this something that is regarded as useful or important, and should be merged to the unstable wok, or what? Please voice your concerns.

Thanks
- necrophcodr