Re: Is Slitaz Real freedom software

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 23:58:33 -0300
Claudinei Pereira <contato@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We had the effort to have a "libre" version of SliTaz, to meet the FSF
> standarts. For some reasons, the guys that was working on int just
> dropped down.
>
> 2012/6/29 anibal beron <tsiolkovsi@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > I have de dude, and I whan to now why isn't slitaz in the FSF
> > completely free software distributions of GNU/Linux?
> >
> > thanks.

He dropped it because he didn't agree with SliTaz having sponsorships
and a small block for sponsors on the main website. Another thing to
note is that SliTaz can run WITHOUT the GNU tools. In fact GNU tried to
kill the BusyBox project because it removes the need for the bigger GNU
tools with Linux. So Technically SliTaz can be JUST a Linux and NOT a
GNU/Linux.