Re: Back

On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 17:12:03 +0100 (CET)
"Pascal Bellard" <pascal.bellard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You can find loops with :
> http://mirror.slitaz.org/pkgs/search.sh?builddepends=.
>
> (you can try http://mirror.slitaz.org/pkgs/search.sh?depends=. too)
>
> -pascal

The (only) loop I found concerning cooking is :
gtk+ needs cups needs poppler needs gtk+

It means that tazwok can't generate a proper cook order, because it
doesn't use advanced mecanism to solve those loops: writing receipt
without loops sounds simplier to me.

You should know that loops are not necessarly a problem when _not_
cooking from scratch (it may be one in some cases if some packages are
not cooked twice).

In all case I think it's simply better to avoid those loops, and in the
past I resolved them all.

About this particular loop, I think we should build poppler without
gtk+. I propose to remove it from depends & build_depends if noone is
against this solution.

If there's a real need for gtk+ as dep/build-dep; another possible
solution is make a separate receipt which compile part of poppler which
use it. It's what I did with poppler-qt4.

--
GoKhlaYeh <gokhlayeh@xxxxxxxxxx>