Re: ...

Thats not the point alex is making. I have update everything in my wok-tank cooking branch. When i said everything i mean everything.

Updates
glibc 2.14
gcc 4.6.1
libpng 1.4.8
mesa 7.11
xorg-server 1.10.3
udev 173
perl 5.14.1
python 2.7.2
most perl packages are updated and websites fixed
and a lot more

Here is a full pastebin update list here. HINT: i have 540 updated packages then default branch now.

I also fixed xorg-xf86-video-ati package. It was causing very slow redraws that made the desktop unusable. I only fixed it by doing a full recompile using tazwok-like cookorder rebuild.

I also fixed 2 bugs in slitaz-boot-scripts that i can't added since i'm not allow to push it to anymore. One bug fixes the lxpanel and the other fixes the audio bug pankso yell at me about. Can someone allow me access again to slitaz-boot-scripts? Its been about 3 weeks since i added them in my slitaz-boot-scripts testing branch. Over 2 months since i posted on mailling list and over 3 weeks after posting on community devel group with no replies.

To me slitaz is just going to be dead or using 3 year old out dated software with 1000s of bugs that can't be fixed. I had to fix a lot of bugs in cookutils just to get it working and cooking packages in the right order. That was mostly needed to be done since pankso doesn't want tazwok anymore and xorg-xf86-video-ati driver was broken when build to tank.

Also the packages in cooking have been build using older packages that could have caused conflict do to configure differnet or being too old api. I did a full clean build of slitaz to make sure depends were build before being stuff that needed them. This fixed my xorg ati driver. I couldn't fix with tank cooking packages.

Anyways I hope this helps and i'm sorry i ranted. Just tired of fighting over evening adding simple fixes.