Re: Blending edge ISO with latest stuff

HI Daniele,

> I'm going to try it; only two words: i'm installing with:
>
> # mount -o loop,ro slitaz.iso /media/cdrom
> # slitaz-installer
>
> but I've noticed that slitaz-installer sets KERNEL=vmlinux-$(uname
> -r), while it should take the correct name from
> /media/cdrom/boot/<name-of-kernel-in-the-iso>, assuming that I've not
> booted from cdrom but i'm running my slitaz installation;
> so the new vmlinuz-2.6.37 becomes vmlinuz-2.6.30.6-slitaz (the kernel
> from which i'm installing), which will differ from
> /lib/modules/vmlinuz-2.6.37.

Yep this is a bug in the installer, but Domcox is currently wrtting a
new installer and we will improve it it and make new front-end before
4.0 I hope.

> However, after renaming the kernel and changing grub menu.lst,rebooted
> and the new blending booted perfectly, the only issues being screen
> res and b43 firmware wireless. So I have a generic question:
> it wouldn't be nice to have a direct link for additional
> known-requested packages near
> the iso download link, to make all important devices working properly
> and not requesting an uncomfortable cable connection?

In fact I did not include wifi/support to keep iso small. Normally we
provide full wifi support by default. But your idea is nice, we must
think about that.

For the screen, waht your resolution ? You need intel driver no since
xvesa dont handle it ?

Note in this iso I have include dri (xorg depends on it and complain if
not installed) with linux-dri and linux-agp, maybe we should include a
few more Xorg drivers.

And to make me happy... did you get GUI system configuration at first
boot ? No more text/dialog box for languages and keyboard ?

> Regards,
> Daniele

Thanks for the feedback,