Re: Kernel config/panic

> I guess the current kernel config is buggy since this value shouls
> have been update when usin M386. Will investigate more and report any
> result here.

And yes the current config is crappy. Here is the diff of my last
commit: http://hg.slitaz.org/wok/rev/344eac8f2556

They is a lot of config in less since they was specific to i486 and
CONFIG_X86_MINIMUM_CPU_FAMILY=3 is now correct.

How to get these config auto handle by the Kernel ?
When one wants to add new stuff to the kernel or change it config, it
should run 'make gconfig' after patches are applied but before we start
compiling. Running the kernel configurator will ensure all new config
and there depencies are well handled. Because there is also depencies
between kernel modules, just like we have with packages.

I hope this commit will definitively fix kernel panic. Also to inform
you about the diffenrencies between i386 and i486, here is waht the
kernel configurator says:

CONFIG_M486
-----------
Select this for a 486 series processor, either Intel or one of the
compatible processors from AMD, Cyrix, IBM, or Intel.  Includes DX,
DX2, and DX4 variants; also SL/SLC/SLC2/SLC3/SX/SX2 and UMC U5D or
U5S.

CONFIG_M386
-----------
This is the processor type of your CPU. This information is used for
optimizing purposes. In order to compile a kernel that can run on
all x86 CPU types (albeit not optimally fast), you can specify
"386" here.

The kernel will not necessarily run on earlier architectures than
the one you have chosen, e.g. a Pentium optimized kernel will run on
a PPro, but not necessarily on a i486.

Here are the settings recommended for greatest speed:
- "386" for the AMD/Cyrix/Intel 386DX/DXL/SL/SLC/SX, Cyrix/TI
486DLC/DLC2, and UMC 486SX-S.  Only "386" kernels will run on a 386
class machine.
- "486" for the AMD/Cyrix/IBM/Intel 486DX/DX2/DX4 or
SL/SLC/SLC2/SLC3/SX/SX2 and UMC U5D or U5S.
- "586" for generic Pentium CPUs lacking the TSC
(time stamp counter) register.
- "Pentium-Classic" for the Intel Pentium.
- "Pentium-MMX" for the Intel Pentium MMX.
- "Pentium-Pro" for the Intel Pentium Pro.
- "Pentium-II" for the Intel Pentium II or pre-Coppermine Celeron.
- "Pentium-III" for the Intel Pentium III or Coppermine Celeron.
- "Pentium-4" for the Intel Pentium 4 or P4-based Celeron.
- "K6" for the AMD K6, K6-II and K6-III (aka K6-3D).
- "Athlon" for the AMD K7 family (Athlon/Duron/Thunderbird).
- "Crusoe" for the Transmeta Crusoe series.
- "Efficeon" for the Transmeta Efficeon series.
- "Winchip-C6" for original IDT Winchip.
- "Winchip-2" for IDT Winchips with 3dNow! capabilities.
- "GeodeGX1" for Geode GX1 (Cyrix MediaGX).
- "Geode GX/LX" For AMD Geode GX and LX processors.
- "CyrixIII/VIA C3" for VIA Cyrix III or VIA C3.
- "VIA C3-2" for VIA C3-2 "Nehemiah" (model 9 and above).
- "VIA C7" for VIA C7.