Re: UNSUBSCRIBE

On Tue, 17 May 2011 16:40:20 -0700 (PDT)
Terry Maiden <t.maiden@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The rather extensive discussions taking place over preparing Release
> 4 has the appearance of serious discord among the developers.  Some
> folks just don't want to watch all this play out in their mailbox so
> they are unsubscribing.  It smacks of the colapse of so many other
> linux releases.

The only major fall I can think of is DSL and we're not even near that
kind of mess. We don't have an overbearing head developer that
disappears for months on end nor a hot headed developer that argues
about the GPL and it's implications. We're also not dependent on any
minor scripting languages where scripting language's developer wanted
recognition for his already derivative work and to block any further
derivatives based on his work.

As for other distros, the collapse normally comes either from from lack
of interest from developers to develop it or just the lack of time and
resources to work on it. We don't suffer from either of these problems.

So what if we got several emails of godane and pankso working out their
differences. It's a community project and people need to talk out their
differences and what they expect from the distro, otherwise the project
will not grow and you'll have people leaving because of differences of
opinion. In fact that was another fault of DSL, you couldn't even get
on their forum without being approved which could take up to a year to
happen!

All I'm seeing now is people jumping ship on a ship that's not even
sinking. In fact, the ship is getting one hell of an upgrade and I
expect the moment SliTaz 4 comes out that many of them will be
back on this list in a flash.