I cannot use the 'cd' command in a script

Hey!

I'm on a 100% tty old (very)laptop.
I have to script some stuff in order to avoid boring manipulations (for
example to manage USB key that i always need : no internet access and
very small hard drive)

I'm very happy with slitaz, i can do a lot but here, i'm stuck with
something i don't understand.

When using the 'cd' command in a script it has no impact on the current
shell :

i'm in /etc/

--------------------------
#!/bin/sh
#here is an simple example

cd /
exit

after execution of this script, i'm still in /etc/

why ?

thinking it was a sh (busybox) problem, i installed bash and with help
from indigo on IRC, i linked /bin/sh to /bin/bash
but i got the same bad result.

Thanks for help