Re: cpufrequtils for stable

thx for making the tazpkg - my question was some kind of stupid,
because I just can use the cooking cpufrequtils - what I did and it
works without any problem - sorry for the extra work, but I am quite
afraid with this sorts of programs, because I once killed a AMD X2 with
some tests.

There is only one strange thing - the cpu is not scaling, when I load
the governor with modprobe

I have to set the cpu by hand

like:

"modprobe cpufreq_ondemand" is not working

"cpufreq-set -g ondemand"  is working

I have no other explanation, than this is caused by kernel config

"CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y"

I checked some distros and there was not one with performance as default

I would recommand, that the kernel config for freq are set like this:

$ zcat /proc/config.gz | grep -i freq
# CPU Frequency scaling
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_TABLE=m
# CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_STAT=m
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_STAT_DETAILS=y
# CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_PERFORMANCE is not set
# CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_POWERSAVE is not set
# CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_USERSPACE is not set
# CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_ONDEMAND is not set
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_CONSERVATIVE=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_POWERSAVE=m
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_USERSPACE=m
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_ONDEMAND=m