Next Cooking and udev

Hi all,

I'm working on a new Cooking ISO and after some HD installation test I have an udev bug. Boot process stops when we start udev in rcS (in live mode slitaz boots to the desktop).

It seems that udev daemon is automaticaly started by the kernel and we dont need to call it in rcS, just configure hotplug and trigger after modules are loaded. In my case it working like a charme (with 3.0 also and no more udev start error), device are still available in pcmanfm and hotplug works. Before I modify the boot scripts can someone test this solution and can confirm hotplug still working after modifing /etc/init.d/rcS (line 43):

# Start Udev to populate /dev and handle hotplug events
if [ "$UDEV" = "yes" ]; then
	#echo -n "Starting udev daemon..."
	#/sbin/udevd --daemon
	#status
	#echo -n "Udevadm requesting events from the Kernel..."
	#udevadm trigger
	#status
	#echo -n "Udevadm waiting for the event queue to finish..."
	#udevadm settle
	#status
	echo -n "Using udev daemon for hotplug..."
	echo "/sbin/udevd" > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
	status
fi

--
Pankso <pankso@xxxxxxxxxx>