Re: tazx problem

/etc/skel is needed to install the system, as much as I wish it didn't
have to exist.  It's also used to generate a new iso, though there
might be better options there.  My thought is that /root should be
populated with these files, and .xinitrc should not be created each
time by tazx.  If slim were to default to using the /root directory,
then .xinitrc could be a pre-installed system file, and it could take
on the responsibility of copying the necessary config files, if they
don't already exist, so that tazx and tazctrlbox would not have to
both be run when a new user is created.  A new user, even using
adduser, would not need to have any files in the /home directory to
start -- tazx would only be responsible for installing/reconfiguring
xorg, and tazctrlbox would only be responsible for global settings.
This makes sense because the $USER variable persists (echo $USER is
accurate before and after running tazx, just not during)... so, let
tazx configure root only, let slim login_cmd='exec /root/.xinitrc',
and let .xinitrc check to see what user is logging in and if any
config files need to be copied.  This makes sense, also, because it
would be easier to edit /root for global defaults, while still
allowing configurations to be altered on a per user basis.  The only
problem with this that I can think of is if /root files are changed,
the changes wouldn't be reflected in pre-existing /home
configurations... but that could be worked out, I'm sure.  Anyone have
any thoughts on this idea?