Re: how to commit on tazpkg

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 19:59:49 -0400
guilbault frederic <fredericguilbault@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> hi,
>
> i wout like to commit the following patch for tazpkg
> i d'ont see some undigest , unstable or working or whatever... directory
> so where shoud i push my commit ??

Hi, SliTaz tools have their own repositories. For tazpkg it's http://repos.slitaz.org/tazpkg. The classic way to upgrade the package is : add a version number with hg tag, generate a tarball and put it in http://mirror.slitaz.org/sources/* and update the version number in the receipt. As I don't know how to create this tarball and put it at the right place (I think that I don't have the needed permission), I proceed like this :

1- clone the repo : hg clone http://repos.slitaz.org/tazpkg tazpkg
2- modify and commit : hg commit -A -m "Message" #note : don't forget to change the version number in the beginin of scripts files if when you intend to tag the repo after
3- tag the repo with a new version number : hg tag **version_number** -m "Message"
4- in cooking repo, modify the receipt to download the tarball directly from the hg server. i.e. actual receipt in cooking for tazwok :
TARBALL="$VERSION.tar.gz"
WGET_URL="http://hg.slitaz.org/$PACKAGE/archive/$TARBALL";

Hope all will run fine ;)

--