Unable to get Broadcom 4311 working with SliTaz

SliTaz is really slick!  Thanks to those who have labored to put it together.

I'm having one problem that I'm totally unable to resolve, though--I've tried everything I could find on the net.

The laptop I'm running on has a Broadcom 4311 wireless chipset in it.   I've tried using both the b43 driver, as well as the wl one released by Broadcom.  No luck with either one.

The "wl" module loads fine, but it never identifies the device, so no wireless devices show up under iwconfig or ifconfig.  The "b43" module will not load; it says "Unknown symbol ssb_bus_pcmciabus_register" (that's from memory, but I'm pretty sure that is it).  I couldn't find any way to resolve that.

For the wl driver, I was using the tazpkg that jozee shared in his packages directory. For the b43 driver, I was using the one that came with SliTaz.  The SliTaz distrib I'm using is the Live CD of cooking-20091124..

Any tips much appreciated!

Jon