SUGGESTED variable in receipt

I have quick question about optional dependencies. I am creating a receipt for a package which has several optional dependencies. I have put them in "SUGGESTED" variable. But when I try to install the package, I don't get an option to choose if I want to install the optional dependencies.

So, how do I take an advantage of the "SUGGESTED" variable? Unless I look on the receipt, how would I know what are the optional dependencies for a package. "tazpkg depends $PACKAGE" only lists the required and not the optional dependencies.

I have seen this with other packages too, e.g. when I installed pidgin, I was not offered a chance to install any optional dependency. Pidgin has an optional dependency of "gnutls". This is required if you want to use "google talk" in pidgin.

Thanks

Jozee