RE: tazwok $src directory

I don't have note of any comments in follow-up to the tazwok patch and was wondering if there are any comments or other workarounds concerning this issue.  I would like to create some additional packages for SliTaz, but this issue will need to be resolved (or at least have a workaround) in order to complete some of them.

Thank you,
Matthew

From: rcx
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 10:45 PM
Subject: Re: tazwok $src directory

If I'm not mistaken, I think we are referring to two different things.  My tazwok.conf includes the following:
WOK="/home/slitaz/wok/"
SOURCES_REPOSITORY="/home/slitaz/src"
PACKAGES_REPOSITORY="/home/slitaz/packages"

(CONFIGURE_ARGS, LOCALE, and *_MIRROR are also present.)
Those paths, though, appear to be global path definitions.  I'm interested in the $src path that tazwok dynamically generates underneath $WOK (e.g. $WOK/$PACKAGE/$SOURCE-$VERSION ).

Perhaps the attached tazwok diff file will help make things clearer.  Changes include the following:
  • Source archives are now extracted to $WOK/$PACKAGE/source (instead of $WOK/$PACKAGE)
  • $src is set to $WOK/$PACKAGE/source IF the directory $WOK/$PACKAGE/source/$SOURCE-$PACKAGE does not exist (i.e. is not created during the extraction of the source archive)
  • Additional changes to try to address some problems I have experienced when both WANTED and SOURCE are defined.

I have tested this on four different packages that each a have a different combination of $WANTED and $SOURCE
  • freetype1 - $SOURCE defined; $WANTED undefined
  • freetype1-dev - $SOURCE defined; $WANTED defined
  • freetype - $SOURCE undefined; $WANTED undefined
  • freetype-dev - $SOURCE undefined; $WANTED defined
(NOTE: In the freetype1-dev receipt, I commented out the _pkg assignment statement for testing purposes.)

The changes in the attached diff may work for these four cases, but are there other scenarios that might need to be addressed?

Thank you,
Matthew

Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 12:55 PM

if I am not wrong these variables are present in /etc/tazwok.conf
They're pretty intuitive, so u'll be able to figure it out. I dont have access to my VM, so I'm not able to tell you for sure.

regards
Sandeep